FROM HEAD TO HEART TO HAND
INTRO: There are all kinds of things that grab our attention. We have to be careful not to get distracted by all the things that are going on in the world. All of our resources – Bibles, commentaries, videos - will not help us if we only study them. Scripture blesses us but only if we take what we study and apply it to our lives.
I. FALSE RELIGION
> Their religion is worthless (v. 26).
- We do things to be noticed.
- We go through the motions.
- There are those who acknowledge a “higher power,” but they don’t want anything to do with it.
- False religion has destroyed many people; they are lost.
II. TRUE RELIGION
> Jesus didn’t come for dry religion; He came for relationship.
- We accept that Jesus died for us, and we are willing to give our lives and hearts to Him.
- We are willing to do things the way Jesus wants.
- We guard our gates – our eyes, our ears, our mouths, and our hearts.
- We are brothers and sisters in Christ – a family in relationship in the Lord.
- We want to be a voice in our communities, to be Jesus with skin on.
III. WE LISTEN AND DO
> Do not just merely listen to the Word; do what the Word says to do (v. 22).
- We have an opportunity when the Lord opens doors in the community.
- Time is flying by; we don’t know how long we will be here.
- We should want to present the truth to people so they have a choice, that they can know the Way.
- If we write out our testimony, it may witness to our family members who are lost.
- It’s not about popularity or smoke and mirrors; it’s about Jesus.
- It is about being real with people around us.
CONCLUSION: We need to ask Jesus to help us to walk out our Christianity in genuineness, to help us to walk together as a team and family. When we long in our hearts to do that which pleases the Lord, He will bring opportunities to us that will allow us to be His hands and feet.